Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back to School

1st Grade
Brooke is in first grade this year.  All day school has been a hard adjustment for her.  She is in a really fun class with lots of kids from our neighborhood and she comes home happy everyday.  It is just a fight every night at bedtime and every morning.  I think she hates getting up and going straight to school all day.  She'd rather sleep in and hang out.  I think it has also been hard for her that I am tending London again and another baby named Carter.  She loves to help with the babies.  Things have improved a little since Cole and Bailee started school too.  

Her school started a dual-immersion program this year and I debated and debated if I should put her in, but at the last mintue I decided to put her in the regular class.  The French class had 28 kids in it and the regular class only had 15.  I also was worried about her having a hard time with the language and hating school.  Seeing as how it has been a fight to get her to go almost every day I feel like I made the right decision!

She says her favorite part of school is lunch.  She loves the school lunches and both Matt and I have been able to go and eat with her.  She thinks that is pretty cool.  





Preschool Year #3
Cole is going to the same preschool this year that he went to last year.  He loves Teacher Kira and once he got over the fact that he wasn't going to kindergarten he was excited to go back.  His cousin Rylin is in his class this year.  They sat by each other the first day.  I hope they will be good and not too crazy!





First Year Preschool
It was so hard to see my baby leave for preschool!  She was SO excited.  Her teacher had come to our house to meet her and we also went to an open house at her school so she was really looking forward to playing in the playhouse with Teacher Camille.  I was worried she would cry like she did for swim lessons but she never even bat an eye.  Matt has to drop her off so I can get the big kids to school on time.  He said as soon as Camille came to get her she was just talking her ear off.  When I went to pick her up she was all smiles and told me all about her day.  

Once we got home she was pooped!  She asked for lunch because she was starving and then went down for a nap without even complaining!  That night in bed she said, "mom tomorrow can we play school and I will be teacher Camille and you be the little girl and I will get you out of the car."  She can't wait to go back next week!



3 comments:

  1. I cant believe Bailey is in School!! she looks so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your updates! You're such an awesome mom! And I love your family photos, what a darling family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update Bobbie! Way to can! We can every year and yes it is a lot of work. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete