I am at my wit's end with Cole. He absolutely REFUSES to take a bottle. I have tried everything I can think of... different formulas, different bottles, different nipples, adding apple juice, EVERYTHING, and still he refuses to take it. I think he has had a total of 5 bottles in the last three days. Today I had to force feed him and it took 45 minutes to eat 5 oz. He eats baby food like a champ though. Do I just give in and give him baby food all the time or do I keep pushing the bottles? I could use some motherly advice from a new mind!!
I wish I could help in that department Bob, that sounds rough! I somehow missed your last update...that first picture of your kids in the bath is so stinking cute! Cole is so big!!!! And is so dang cute. I also can't believe Brody will be home in a week! How exciting for you guys.
ReplyDeleteHopefully some mom out there can help you... :)
I would take away the baby food until he gets good at taking the bottle again. Eventually he will take it because he's so hungry. It won't be very fun at first but he'll live. There's just not enough calories in baby food to keep him going. Good luck.
ReplyDeletewow that isn't cool that he wont drink his bottle! i dont have any advice though sorry! any time i had a problem that my mom or mother in law didnt know, i just asked the doctor. i'm still lost sometimes! but anyway, i used to work with Kimi at JC Penney forEVER ago. And we were just friends at work; then she ended up moving to Pittsburgh, which is where I'm from so we chat every now and then about that. Thanks for finding us though!! WE should for real hang out sometime with our husbands and kids. We dont do much! My husband just finally got a job which takes up all his nights, but sometime one weekend for sure!
ReplyDeletebobby this is cheri housley i'm desi,s mom back when my babies were little dr. odell said that after age 9 months babies don't actually needs bottles especially if they are eating food just make sure they are getting enough to drink from a cup sorry for butting in
ReplyDeleteLandon wouldn't ever take a bottle or a binki but I was nursing. I finally gave up at 11 months and started giving him sippy cups with milk (doctor's advice). Where he's so young, I don't know if that would work, though. Sorry I wasn't more help!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Cammie. It took everyday for two months for Ryan to finally take the bottle. He finally just got it. He too loved the baby food but he went from the 50th % to the 20th % in that two months because the food has no calories. The doctor said that the formula or breast milk is like drinking pure cream and they need that for growth and mental development. I took away the baby food and toughed it out and he finally gave in. Just keep trying.
ReplyDeleteI have also heard that until 1 year formula or breast milk is essential to brain development. I have been given the same advice by my doctor to take away ALL other food until he is consistant at drinking from a bottle. Good luck! I know it sounds horrible but it will work.
ReplyDeletePeanut:
ReplyDeleteI think that he will take a bottle if he needs one! He loves food and there isn't anything wrong with that!
He is such a happy camper and such a healthy boy, I wouldn't stress it too much! You guys are great parents! Love You!
Dang that's a tough problem! Good luck with it... and sorry I have no advice! :) But have you tried the Breastflow bottles, I think it's made by first years... I'm not sure. But that's what my sis in law used when transitioning and it worked really well for her
ReplyDeleteI guess he just doesn't want to be done with your milk! And yeah again for Brody! So exciting!! It's so awesome seeing them for the first time at the airport, we all cried!!