Last Wednesday was an awesome day! We left for the airport about 9:30 a.m. Ty's dad was just coming in from California and called to tell us that Brody's plane was landing 20 minutes early. We got there just in time and only had to wait about 10 minutes. There were a TON of missionaries on his flight (seriously like 12) and of course, he was the last one to come. It was sooo good to see him coming down that hall though!! There were lots of hugs and tears. It took Brooke and Cole about 2 minutes to warm up and now they adore him --- especially Brooke. Brody is her favorite buddy. The first thing he said to me was, "Wow, you're skinny!" (I was 9 months pregnant with Brooke when he left) He also said it was really weird to hear Brooke call me "mom" but now it seems like they've always been a part of his life.
After the airport it was off to Freds for lunch (a LONG time family tradition). And his homecoming was Sunday. He gave such an awesome talk, you could feel his spirit and love for his mission so strongly. He is still the same old Brody, just a little more mature and a little less shy. I'm so glad he's home though!!!
P.S. He's still single :)
Still can't believe he is a return misssionary!! That's so EXCITING :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! And I laughed pretty hard when you said you went to Fred's. :) Of course!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Brody did an awesome job on his talk! I was very impressed. He sounded like he was a great missionary. He is so cute...to bad Bekka is still in high school, I wish they could go on a date or something. :) haha