Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Girl's Camp

I was the girls camp director for my ward this year.  Camp was at Heber Valley so I was gone for an entire week (with no cell phone service).  I had just run Ragnar the weekend before so Matt had the kids for 7 days by himself.  My mom and his mom both happened to be out of town that week so we were very grateful for the help of Cammie, Amber, and Annie!  He tried to do lots of little things to keep them entertained.  The picture is a night they went to Macey's for icecream.  

I had a lot of fun at camp.  We were the smallest ward there -- we had 9 girls and 4 leaders.  I work with some amazing ladies and it was a great experience to be up there with them for a whole week.  I loved girls camp as a youth so it was really fun to be there as a leader too.  I took the older girls on the over night hike and we had a blast!  They are some amazing young women.  Even though it was really stressful to leave my young kids for a week I felt really blessed for going and I am excited to do it again sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment