Friday, July 5, 2013

Ragnar #3

This was my 3rd year running Ragnar with the same team.  It started out as a Cafe Rio team but most of the original people have now left Cafe Rio and we've all become great friends.  I do not function well at all without sleep so for me to do this for 3 years in a row is saying A LOT!  These awesome people sponsored me to go to Boston and I LOVE running with them every year.  It is something I look forward to and I think the world of them.  We had a great year as usual!  My friend Jamie ran in the other van so it was fun to have her there too!  I was runner #1 and picked up part of an extra leg for someone who was hurt.  I think I ended up with about 24 miles.  My legs were long and hilly.  I averaged about 7:15 through the whole thing but I was sore for WEEKS after.  My first leg was up 14th north to the Bonneville Trail and then down past first day and through the island.  I picked up a portion of a leg coming down the dirt road out of Avon (brutal brutal down hill)!  This one was average sub 6:30 pace.  Super fast for me.  My second leg was coming down the hill from Snow Basin, 8 miles.  I had to stop and go to the bathroom... terrible with so many people around!  I still managed to average 7:17 even with my pit stop.  My last leg was 5 pretty flat miles into Kamas.  All I know is I was tired!  I left for girls camp the next day so Matt had the kids pretty much by himself for 7 days.  I love the memories and friendships I have with this team!  We are onto year 4 next year... so excited!
Me, Jane, and Mickell at the starting 
3 years - at the starting line
1st Leg
Michael, me, Jane, Cyrus, and Tyler waiting for Mickell on the last leg of Van 1.  (Jane and I needed diet coke after being up all night :))
Girls at the finish line
Team at the finish






No comments:

Post a Comment