The kids were really disappointed that we didn't stay over this year, but after Ragnar and Girl's Camp I was so ready to sleep in a bed! We still spent lots of time up there though.
Matt took me shooting and made fun of the way I shoot. I did hit the target though! I bet I could do better with a shotgun, I've never shot a handgun before. We went on lots of 4-wheeler rides. Matt hit a squirrel with Cole and Cole was very distraught about it.
Saturday, Amber, Brody, Ace, the girls and I went over to the lake. I forgot a swimsuit but it was still fun to sit at the beach and hang out. Amber wouldn't let me take any pictures with her in them because she was in the awkward pregnant but I look fat stage :) (we are excited to be getting a new nephew in December!)
Brooke is in love with Brody's dog. Whenever we go to my parent's house the dogs see her and bark at her because they know she will get them out. When Ace was a smaller puppy she'd haul him all around. Now he is too big and strong for her to control. She thought it was pretty awesome that he was camping and then swimming in Bear Lake. She also loves the horses and always asks to ride them when Grandpa has them anywhere.
Bailee was so so dirty, but she loved it. I think she falls asleep on the 4-wheeler every year. This year we couldn't get her to get on the horses. She is terrified of them.
Cole is a piro. He loves the fire. And dirt, and everything about camping. He is in heaven in the mountains (surprise, surprise right?) Just a funny side note... his swim teacher finally figured out his name by the end of the summer, but for the last few years and the first part of this year she has called him Brody :) We took swim there as kids and I guess he must remind her a lot of Brody.
Mom and Shawna had just gotten back from a week at the beach in California. They've suddenly become sentimental and decided to take lots of pictures. We had to get one of them at a "Jardine" vacation. I still don't think the kids quite grasp the whole brothers married sisters and they are on both sides of our family relationship... all they know is they have extra grandparents, aunts, and cousins and it is fun. :)
I love seeing my family and being away from the world for a little bit. I was sad we didn't get to be there for breakfast this year (it is my favorite part!) but sleeping in my bed after 7 days of camping was totally worth it :)























No comments:
Post a Comment