I watch my neighbor boys, ages 2 and 5 once a week. This week, I was downstairs on the treadmill with Brooke and the 5 year old when water starts pouring through my ceiling. I ran upstairs, thinking Cole and Jonas had overflowed the tub. Oh no, they stuffed the toilet full of a whole roll of toilet paper and were in there with my tiny kitchen dish towels, both soaking wet, and trying furiously to clean it up. Lucikly, our basement is still unfinished so a bunch of towels and laundry and it was all cleaned up.
Later, after the neighbors went home, I was on the computer making invitations for Amber's shower and I told Cole to go get some clothes on so we could meet his dad for dinner. (He was only wearing skibbies because I am trying to potty train him). I heard him go in and get clothes out of his room and assumed he was putting them on in the kitchen. I hurried and finished up and went in the kitchen to leave and was faced with this...
I asked him yesterday why he was doing all these things and he told me because I hurt his feelings. Thats all I could get out of him. I'm guessing maybe it is because Brooke was sitting by me and helping me with the invitations, but I really don't know. All I know is I have to pay close attention to that boy!
Oh Bobbie I am SO thankful that I'm not the only Mom who deals with mess after mess after MESS like this! Sometimes it's easy to laugh at and say, "Oh well." But other times I feel like I may explode from frustration. :) So glad I'm not alone!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your Bailee is already that old!!! HOLY COW!!!!! You're giving me hope that this 3rd child WON'T be the end of me! :D I hope I have an easy going one like you got! :D
Fun to read your updates!
ReplyDelete1: I can't believe Bailee is already 5 months, wow. She is cute! I love the picture of her and Brooke in the crib, so precious.
2: Cole sounds like he'd bet along with my boys.... Never know what they'll do next! You do a great job though so keep it up :) And good luck with the potty training, that's awesome, I've considered starting Tag since he runs to the toilet most times when he poops, but the thought of it makes me so tired!
3: Lets plan to get together when you come up to Logan again, even if it's just playing at the park with all of us, and we can call Lace and a few others, it's been WAY too long since we've seen each other!
oh my gosh when I saw your facebook status I felt soo bad for you! Toddlers are HARD to keep up with!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I am sooo sorry! That all sounds horrible and expensive:(
ReplyDeleteSounds like a hard day. Aren't you glad that not every day is like that. Some days they are actually cute.
ReplyDelete