Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cafe Rio


This wonderful place is now the newest place my husband can call home.  Actually, he's home a whole lot more now, he doesn't have to call work home anymore. 

We decided at the beginning of March that it was time to make some changes if I really wanted to stay home with our kids.  KPMG is a great company to work for to jump-start your career and I'm proud of all the hard time and hours Matt put in to get a job there and in the 6 months that he worked there.  As time as gone on, we were realizing more and more that even though it is a great place to work; if you can put in your time you can get a job anywhere you want; our family needed to come first and that is just not possible when they require you to work 12-18 hour days and pay you pennies.

We put our house up for sale and Matt started looking for jobs in Logan.  Jobs in Logan are hard to come by, but he applied for a few and we were hoping something would work out.  About a week after he started looking, someone from KPMG emailed him about a job opening at Cafe Rio, not even knowing he was looking for a job.  He applied and things just fell into place.  A week later he had an interview and week later he had a job offer.

He is still going to be able to get his CPA, he works 9-5, and it is better pay.  Not to mention free Cafe Rio!  (I might be willing to share when I get sick of it :))  Their accounting department is pretty small right now, but the company is expanding big time and there is going to be a lot of opportunity for growth.  Matt comes home happier at night and I am happier that I don't have to stress about working and can just focus on being a mom.

I am still working, part time, if you can call it that... cleaning house for a lady twice a week and looking for a couple of kids I can watch during the week.  Right now, we are going to leave our house for sale for awhile and if by chance it sells (which we don't think it will because the market is so bad) we will move closer to Matt's job.

It is truly amazing how things work out if we just trust in the Lord and do the best we can! 

3 comments:

  1. Bobbie, that is awesome! LOVE Cafe Rio, I'll have to go pay him a visit when I'm there this summer. That's the bad thing about AZ, not Cafe Rio or Costa Vida nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am glad things are working out a little better. Have hope we sold our house up the street in this crappy market, got what we wanted for it and it was 11 years old so have hope! BUT we still want to keep you in the neighbor hood!! Want to make a little money on the side?? bring us home some cafe rio ;) Or we could trade cafe rio for frito lay chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope you guys move closer to me soon!

    ReplyDelete