Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pacing

Last fall I had the opportunity to pace a half marathon, last minute, with my landlord, who is also a runner.  It was so much fun!!  I decided it was something I wanted to do more of and that would help me with my goal of enjoying running and not just focusing on racing and times.  So, I joined the team called American Flyers Race Pacers.

I was able to pace my second race in St. George over the weekend.  Candice came down with me and we made a girls weekend out of it.  We had SOO much fun!  The two of us are totally comfortable together and had such a great time doing whatever we wanted!  We shopped, got pedicures, and really just chilled!

The race was amazing!  I have been feeling very slow so I was worried that my 1:45 pace was going to be tough to maintain.  The course was much hillier than I was expecting but I felt great the entire time!  It runs through Coral Canyon on a trail and then out to Stahelli Farms in Washington.  My pace partner was super nice and friendly and I truly enjoyed every minute of being there!!

My mom made fun of me that all my pictures and pacing are with other men... but I promise I invited Matt, he just didn't want to come.  I can't help it that he hates running.  There were plenty of other women there!  More than anything I just enjoy being there with people who are genuinely kind and love the same thing I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment