Sunday, February 8, 2015

Broken Leg

Pomeranians are know for being very fragile dogs.  We have warned our kids about this and asked them to be very careful with Yogi.  We have had very nice, warm spring weather and one day Brooke and her friends were outside playing with him.  They thought it would be a good idea to take him on the tramp.  I was in the house and heard him yelping all the way from 3 houses up.  She had dropped him.  By the time I got to the back door, Brooke was sobbing and Yogi was too.  I knew by the way he was holding his leg that it was broken.  We loaded everyone up and took him to the vet.  Sure enough, both bones in his leg were cracked.  They put a cast on it and he has to wear it for 6 weeks.  Brooke felt very bad and had to help use her own money to pay for it.  He was a little unsure the first couple days, but gets around really well now.




No comments:

Post a Comment