Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thoughts on Callings

I got called last week to a 2nd calling. My first calling is girls camp director. It has been a LOT of work getting everything prepared and it is even Stake camp this year! I am super excited though. We have a fun bunch of girls in our ward and I really do feel blessed to get to work with them. It is a good reminder for me of what it was like to be a teenage girl. I wish so bad that I could just take all my experiences and all that I've learned since that time in my life and telepath it into their heads. It would probably save a lot of heartache. But, I know that isn't possible so I just do the best I can by loving them and hopefully being a good example to them. They are so smart and amazing and I am excited for our week at camp and glad that I get to work with such fun people! My new calling is Gospel Doctrine teacher. WOW! Still not sure how I feel about this one. The counselor in the bishopric called Matt a few days before to make sure it would be ok for them to ask me and I finally got it out of Matt that it was going to be my new calling. It is a good thing too, I was shocked! Luckily, I had a few days to prepare for it before they actually asked me. I feel totally overwhelmed and under-qualified. I taught my first lesson today. I think it went well, but it is always hard to know. I was extremely nervous and feel like I just got up there and rambled on and on. I think they forgot that I am only 27 and certainly there are many more people with more knowledge about the scriptures than me. BUT... I do trust that they were inspired and I know that when we get these callings that take us out of our comfort zone is when we learn and grow that most. So that I am thankful for. In the meantime... if you need me... my house is probably a mess, my kids are probably in their pajamas, and I am probably working on a lesson or preparing crafts and overnight hiking equipment for girls camp. AND THAT IS OK :)

1 comment:

  1. My mom always says "there is a time and a season for everything." Just think this season in your life is a messy house and you growing more spiritually. That strength will help you, ALWAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete