Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why I Went Private

Okay so a lot of people are wondering the story behind my decision to go private so I figured I'd just post it.  It really wasn't anything that was a big deal.  I probably over-reacted, but here is the story.

I had some suspicions last year that my supervisor was telling our boss some things that I told her in confidence.  It made me pretty upset and we had a rough year because of it.  Then, last week I got an email from my boss and the first thing it said was "I hear your expecting again..."  I hadn't planned to tell her until school starts next week.

So, long story short, there is only one girl at work that knew I was pregnant so I knew it had to be her that told.  It turns out, she was reading my blog and my facebook and then telling everything I posted, interpreted in her own way, to my boss. 

I wasn't assigned a school this year because this girl had told her that I was starting a preschool and wasn't coming back and my boss thought I was going to quit at the last minute.  She also called my boss and told her I was pregnant before I had a chance to tell her. 

I know they are stupid little things, but part of the reason I like my job is because it gives me a chance to get out of the house and not worry about family life for a few hours and then I can go home and leave work at work.  I don't need my personal life making drama at work. 

I decided the easiest way to keep home and work separate is to keep work people out of my private life and thus my blog.  I love having family and friends read so I hope I didn't offend anyone by deciding to go private!

7 comments:

  1. It's really amazing the lack of maturity of some people! Hopefully you won't have anymore drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man what a bummer! Good for you to go private...I know it stinks in some ways! But you really never know what's going on. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish blogger would come up with a better way for others to know when private bloggers have a new post- That is really my only beef with privateers and the whole decision to switch over.

    I am considering going private for the exact same reasons as you! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that sounds like a real bummer. Isn't it sad that some people can be sooooo immature?! I had a co-worker stealing my phone from my desk drawer, and reading my text messages. She told everyone at work that I was expecting before I'd even told my family! I totally understand what you're going through, and I would have done the same thing. Congrats on number 3, by the way. You have the cutest kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a little thing. It's called invasion of privacy. So Way to stand your ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie, I'm so sorry, that must be very frustrating! I don't blame you for going private at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LAME! I'm so sorry, what a.... well I won't say. But still, she is not cool.

    ReplyDelete