I realized the other day that all I have posted lately are pictures of my kids so I decided it was time for an update on what we are up to.
Matt has been super busy with school, work, and recruiting season -- but it is finally coming to an end. We have been to open house after open house and interview after interview. It is pretty sad when the wives of the other employees recognize me!! But, it is all over now. He got an offer last week from KPMG in Salt Lake and accepted it yesterday. He is going to finish school first, so he doesn't start until May, but it sure is nice to know he has job security! Plus, his brother Jon also works for KPMG which means we will get to see a lot more of his family. It is really weird to think that we are starting the next phase of our life and that we are almost done with school forever!! I will be glad to have him at home a little more though. I'm very glad that I've had lots of family around to help with the kids while he's been so busy!
I have pretty much recovered and for the most part (other than being tired) I am feeling great! I am enjoying my maternity leave, but it is coming to an end way too fast. I go back to work at the end of the month! I love being at home with my kids, but I will admit that it will be nice to have some time to myself again. Matt and I went out to eat alone last night and that is the first time I can remember being without one of my kids since Cole was born! I'm slowly increasing my running back to normal, but it frustrates me to no end that I get tired so fast. I want to be able to just up and run like I did before I was pregnant, but I know it takes time, I just need to have patience.
Cole is doing great, he is a very good natured baby. I'm still not sure if he is really just easier than Brooke was or if I just have more experience now :). I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has already gained a pound and a half and grown 2 inches since he was born! It is bitter sweet as a mom. Of course I am glad that he is so healthy, but I wish he would stay tiny forever. The one thing Brooke does have him beat on is sleeping -- I was spoiled with her! She slept through the night pretty much from day one, the most I ever had to get up to feed her was once, maybe twice a night. Cole wakes up every hour and a half to two hours to eat. Matt says he is preparing to be a linebacker haha. I'll be glad when the day comes that I get to sleep for more than an hour at a time!
Brooke is also doing good. She likes Cole as long as Grandma isn't holding him, but that is slowly getting better. She likes to be a little mom and help me feed him, burp him, change him, and give him his binky. She doesn't like it when he is in the swing though because she thinks it is hers. She always says "baby out". She talks non-stop, and this is not an exaggeration. If she isn't sleeping, she is talking. The other night we were at Firehouse for dinner and she was walking around asking everyone for money so she could buy some M&M's. I don't know where I got such a social child!!
December 2013
12 years ago
Wow! I can't believe your maternity leave is almost up! That seems so fast!!! And that is great that Matt got a job for when he's done with school! What a nice stress relief. Yes,I would LOVE to get together this week. Let me know when. I should be free. I try to go to the Temple on Wednesdays, so if you want to come you can! I understand though if sitting that long isn't fun yet. :-) Let me know when you want to scrapbook, I would love it!
ReplyDelete