We got up there about 3:00 and had a blast swimming with the girls, even though the water was freezing. We layed a blanket outside in the grass and let the girls play a little longer until Matt and Rick got there after work. The three of them play so well together, I'm so glad they get along. Brooke wants to do everything Payton does, even though she's not quite big enough. Bentley has her own spunky personality and she lets us know if one of the bigger girls does something she doesn't like :).
At about 6:00, we left to go pick up my race packet and meet Matt and Rick for dinner at La Beau's. As we were standing in line, Candice noticed that Bentley had little red bites all over her head and checked Payton. She had them too! So I checked Brooke and sure enough, she had them too! There was some sort of little tiny black bug in the grass and got into the girl's hair and bit them!! We had no idea and we felt so bad! Candice and I were soo grossed out that we loaded the girls back into the car and took them right back to the trailer and bathed them and both of us had to shower!!
Matt and Rick brought dinner back to us and we were having a great time until bed time came. We figured the best thing would be for Candice and I to sleep in the bedroom with the girls and Matt and Rick were planning to stay up all night playing XBox. We took Bentley and Brooke in first and layed them in the pack and plays, figuring we'd just let them cry it out. After 15 minutes, Brooke was still screaming... bloody murder. I went in to try and rock her, but she wanted nothing to do with sleep. We finally decided to put her in the car and go for a drive. She fell asleep after about 20 mintues so we took her back and put her down again... but as soon as I left the room she and Bentley both started screaming again! This time, Candice and Rick decided to take their girls in the car and see if we could get Brooke to sleep. Well, I tried EVERYTHING I could think of. She just would not go to sleep. Finally, after Matt had taken her in the car a second time and still no sleep, he asked her if she wanted to go home. She got so excited. "Yeah, yeah" was all she could say!
So, since it was already 11:00 and we weren't getting any sleep, we decided to just go home. I wanted to run, but sometimes kids just have to take priority. Matt and I packed up and headed home. It took Brooke forever to fall asleep, but she did just before midnight. We made it home and I decided to set my alarm, just in case I decided to get up .
The next morning, 5:30 rolled around and I was already wide awake. I had dreamed all night about bugs in my bed so I didn't sleep. I figured I might as well get up and go run. So, we threw Brooke back in the car, dead asleep, and headed back up to the lake. The busses were supposed to leave at 6:30 so we made it there just in time for me to hop on.
Well, the busses ended up leaving late! We could have slept for another hour. Finally, at 8:00, we started (almost an hour late). The race was awesome!!! I never saw anyone I knew, so I ran by myself, but I had so much fun, I can't wait to do another one. I only had to stop once to pee fast, which I was very proud of, at 6 months pregnant, that in itself is an accomplishment. I finished in about 1:54, and in the top 5 of my age category so I was very happy.
My legs have been a little bit sore since the race and I got a bruise on my belly from where I have to wear a support belt to help support my pregnant belly, but I really don't have any major complaints! I was a little worried since I've heard horror stories about people not being able to run for weeks after, but I'm back to running my normal 6 miles a day and still feeling great! It was a way fun day and I'm so glad I did it! We're all still catching up on sleep and our weekend didn't turn out quite like we thought it would, but all in all it turned out ok!!
FYI... I hate these pictures of myself or for that matter any pictures of myself when I am pregnant. I look fat, even my face looks chubby!
Taking off my shirt at 5 miles to go... it was hot!
Matt, Rick, Candice, and the girls were waiting to see me at mile 8
Coming down to the finish line
Just finished and waiting to get my time and medal




HOLY COW Bob! You are crazy, but cool too. First off, that story is hilarious...I feel bad for all the girls and their bites though. I just can't believe you drove all the way home that late, and then got up that early to go run a marathon!!! You crazy woman. Not to forget you are 6 months pregnant!!!! You are wonder woman for sure. And then there's the dream part of the story...that makes me laugh so hard. That is Grandma Beckie for sure! Oh I miss our younger days sometimes. They were fun.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Bobbie! What an awesome accomplishment! I would much rather lift weights and run sprints all day long than have to run farther than a mile!! I'll have to get some tips from you, and I'm serious too!
ReplyDeleteI've got some baby questions for ya, so I'll be giving you a call sometime soon, just a heads up :)
Wow! Bobbie you are my hero! I can't even imagine doing a marathon 6 mo pregnant. You look so great. And your little girl is so cute. I love seeing pictures of your family!
ReplyDeleteOh My! That made me laugh so hard! Even through all that we still had fun! I was sure glad you came bak up to run!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Bobbie! Your are amazing. Hope all is going well with the pregnancy!
ReplyDelete