Saturday night we died eggs with Matt's family. Brooke had no interest in the coloring part whatsoever, if you handed her an egg she would just throw it across the table. So, I ended up coloring all her eggs for her.
Sunday, we had dinner with the Fam and Kels and Chris's, with the exception of Annie and Colby who were having dinner with Colby's family this year. We waited for hours for Annie to call and say she was ready to meet us to roll eggs, but she never called. Finally, Kelsey called her and she said that they weren't going to make it. Kelsey was so sad. She wanted to go roll eggs more than anyone else!
We didn't think Brookelyn would really understand, but decided to take her up anyway. Matt couldn't believe how many people were up there. He had never been before and had no idea that so many people rolled eggs. Anyway... we handed Brooke her first egg and of course, the first thing she did was throw it. It started rolling down the hill and Grandpa held her and ran after it.
She thought it was soooo funny!! She lauged all the way down and then picked it up and threw it again! She did it over and over, until all her eggs and all of Bentlee's eggs had been thrown down and broken! We only wish Bentlee could have been there, but maybe next year.



Don't worry Matt, I too have live an unfulfilled life. I've never rolled eggs down Old Main. I guess you'll have your own tradition from now on seeing as how Brooke loved it so much. I love the pics of Grandpa Bud, or is it just Bud? haha. And yes Bobbie, I think we should go to lunch...you have a lot of catching up to do. :)
ReplyDeleteBobbie! It was so good to hear from you. I'm just living down in Provo working as a dental hygienist while Kip is finishing up at BYU. Your family is so cute! I can't believe you are a mom! I am due Sept 27th so we are really close. That will be so much fun. You'll have to give me some tips since this is my first time around. Can't wait to talk to you more!
ReplyDeleteKatie
So how are the new toys at the Liechty house? (treadmill and scooter) It sounds like Brookelyn needs something new now too. Luckily her toy can probably be a bit less expensive. :) Maybe you should make a post of your new toys, you do need an update!
ReplyDeleteLove it! It's so fun to check up with every one!
ReplyDelete