Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Memphis vs. Kansas

College basketball season is always a big deal at our house... especially March Madness! It is tradition for us to go over to The Fisher's house and watch the National Championship with all of Matt's friends from work and their wives.

Matt and I have been arguing about if we are going to find out the sex of the new baby. So... to make it interesting we decided to bet on the game and whoever won got to make the final decision. The only catch was I got to choose my team first.

Since I didn't know much about either team, I thought about it for a couple of days and finally decided to just go with Kansas. The first half of the game Matt was a little worried, but when Memphis went up by 9 for almost the whole second half he kept saying "ha, glad you choose Kansas now huh?"

Well, for those of you who actually watched the game, Memphis missed a bunch of free-throws right in a row and then Kansas hit an amazing 3-pointer right at the buzzer to send the game into overtime. They ended up winning 75-68! Take that Matt! I win the bet and "baby" will stay "baby" until he or she is born!

7 comments:

  1. Boo! You can probably guess I was rooting for Memphis, and now I am even more dissapointed that they lost. I want to know what your baby will be. Tell the doctor to call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! That's the funnest part! Oh well big surprise later on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else! I think you're crazy! Even if that was the plan starting out, I'd go insane just wanting to know! That's like not knowing what your mom bought you for Christmas and having to wait 9 months to find out! Only ten times worse... I want to know and I'm not even the mom! Well kudos to you if really hold out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I didn't realize I was on under Jeff's name. That was me not Jeff on the previous post! Haha.. I'm sure you could have figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby, I hope you don't mind I stumbled across your blog. Its been years! Can't believe that you have and adorable little girl and another on the way. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha! You all sound like Matt, but I'm not giving in! I think it will be much more fun to find out what the baby is when it comes out, it will be a BIG surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbie congrats on the baby! that is awesome!!:) I came across your blog...hope ya dont mind! I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete