Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

This year we had 2 witches and a fireman for Halloween.  They were so excited to go trick or treating.  We made them go visit their grandparents first and they could hardly wait to get back and go.  Matt look them around our neighborhood while I stayed home to answer the door.  Bailee only made it about half way and then was cold and wanted to come home, but the older kids wanted to keep going.  They thought it was a blast!

At Grandma Karen's party, every year they take the kids on a walk through the witches forest (a trail from their house down to a near-by park).  The last couple years Matt has dressed up like a witch to scare them.  I think it is mean and I told my kids they didn't have to go.  I HATE to be scared and I don't think it is fair to make them be either.  I left early to go to a baby shower and Cole wouldn't go, but the girls did.  This year, Matt went all out -- face paint, face teeth, a dress, and dried ice.  The kids were terrified!  Bailee was riding on Grandma's shoulders and Grandma thought she was going to be bald the next day because she was pulling so hard on her hair.  The other kids ran by as fast as they could.  They were glad to find out it was just dad!













1 comment: