Matt and I both ran Ragnar this year with the Cafe Rio team. We ended up in different vans but had a blast! As someone who does not deal well with no sleep this is one weekend I actually look forward to. I don't know what it is about it that makes it so fun... actually take that back I do, it is the people. The people I run with are amazing and we have so much fun together. Plus I love that Cafe Rio is such a tight-knit community and that I'm totally considered a part of the place Matt works. Most people think running almost 200 miles and sleeping in a van with 6 other stinky people is nuts, but you can't dis it 'till you've tried it.
I was runner three which was 6.8 miles, 4.9 miles, and 7.7 miles. I was really worried because I still hadn't totally recovered from my marathon, but I ended up averaging 7:40 minute miles. Not bad. Matt was runner 8 which was 3.4, 7, and 5.5 miles. He was super sore when the race was over and I'm not sure he'd agree to do it again, but I'm just proud of him for doing it at all. Now I need to talk him into a half marathon :)
P.S. Anyone want to run on an Ultra team in Vegas?
 |
| The whole team at the finish line |
 |
| Van 2 |
.JPG) |
| Van 1 |
 |
| Me, Jane, and Mickell waiting at the finish |
.png) |
Van 1 at the starting line (Cyrus, Jane, Mickell, Me, Tyler, Michael) |
No comments:
Post a Comment