I am miserable, ornery, and no fun to be around. I can't sleep for more than an hour at a time because just as soon as I fall asleep I wake up to pee or the baby moves and wakes me up. I have no patience and my kids keep asking when I'm going to work or when daddy is going to be home. I hate that I feel so crappy and I'm so mean, but I also can't really do a lot about it.
Nesting has finally kicked in, I went through baby clothes this week, bought all my basics like diapers and lotion, repainted an old dresser, cleaned the basement, and organized the big kids clothes. All that I have left is to finish washing and putting away baby clothes and pack hospital bags.
I saw the dr. last week, well actually the nurse practioner... Dr. Wood is still on maternity leave. I haven't gained any weight in about 6 weeks and I'm measuring 4 weeks behind. Of course she sent me for an ultrasound. Baby girl was measuring exactly 34 1/2 weeks and is perfectly healthy. She is head down and low in my pelvis. (they told me this exact same thing about this time when I was pregnant with Cole so I wasn't surprised in the least). I was secretly hoping maybe I'd have low amniotic fluid or something so I'd have to be induced, but I know she still needs a little bit longer to be ready and I want to have a healthy baby. My next appointment is at 36 weeks, while Matt is in Florida, with my regular doctor. I never thought I'd be so excited to see her. As long as I make it to then, she can come anytime :)
I decided to take maternity leave a few weeks early because I just can't handle the stress and anxiety that work causes on top of everything else right now. Last Tuesday was officially my last day. It has been nice to be at home and not have to stress about going anywhere or having to take the kids anywhere.
My kids definetly recognize that something is changing at our house. They have both been extremely clingy, whiny, and naughty. Brooke's preschool teacher even commented on how she's wanted to hold her hand or sit on her lap everyday lately. That is so not like my kids. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the extremely ridiculous hours Matt has been working because they never get to see him and the rest of it is probably that they are stuck home with me 24/7 telling them to be quiet and quit bugging me.
I will sure be glad to get this baby out and have a normal body and normal emotions again!
You can do it!! Your almost there. We all have days we yell more than we play {with our kids}. :) Call me when ever!!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you. Wish I could help.
ReplyDeleteBobbie,
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad about it. I'm the same way, except I'm making up for your measuring behind by measuring big! It's hard and miserable and I keep begging Steve to please let us adopt our next one. If it makes you feel better, you look really cute. You're almost there, you can do it!
Bobbie my pregnancy was the exact same way. I always measured super small and my midwife was nervous about the baby not growing and BAM I have an 8lb 2 oz baby. You are so close! Plus your babies come early. Call me if you need me to take your kids whenever-I'm serious.
ReplyDeleteOh Bobbie, you sing a familiar tune!! Can I help?? And if it makes you feel better we are the same size right now, but I'm 15 weeks pregnant.:) so feel good that you look great!! But if we did lunch or something would that help to get out and vent??!!
ReplyDelete